Welcome to the complicated world of my chaotic mind!

Check out our Book Site!

http://www.org-immaturity.com

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

#33 is achieved!

Yes, I know. I'm still short 11 goals, but hey! I have to start working them now! I'm working on the Freerice donations (thanks Scott), and the CEITPS standards. But, hey! I have one down and 49 to go!

When I got home today, I was very happy to find a box in my place. Right size. From the right place. I cut off the straps, removed the tape, and opened the box to find my 7 free copies of my very first published book - "Why Organizations Struggle So Hard To Improve So Little: Overcoming Organizational Immaturity." Have to say I was a little proud to finally have our book in my hands. Of course, my lovely bride brought me back to Earth with her non-committal, unimpressed, "hmph." Thanks dear.

As my co-author has said more than once, it's really nice to have your work validated - to have someone (some company) think enough of your work to pay for it. And our publisher is, in the academic world, well known and respected. Even better!

So, if you want a copy, they should now be available. You can check out our website at http://www.org-immaturity.com and pick where you want to buy it. From the publisher directly, through Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble. You can also request your local book seller order you a copy.

No, I don't have any to sell. That's the other great benefit (other than validation and status) of being published - you don't have a trunk full of copies you have to sell.

I can do a full post on what I've learned about publishing - especially from starting K4K books...but that's for another time. Right now I'm basking in the happiness of having the book finally available to the public!

I'm going to sleep (it's late for old people like me) with a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment