Welcome to the complicated world of my chaotic mind!

Check out our Book Site!

http://www.org-immaturity.com

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Daring to Dream (Vision Setting)



It’s been a long time.

It’s been a long time since I cried. I mean a good, no holds barred cry.

It’s been a long time since I felt lost. Families do that for you.

It’s been a long time since I rolled dice hoping for a critical hit.

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted to my own blog.

It’s been a long time, too long of a time, since I spent time with my friends. I miss you.

It’s been a long time since I spent time with my brothers, my sister, or my mom. I miss you.

But, with the regrets, I’ve also been happier than ever before. I turned the big Hawaii and it was the best birthday I’ve ever had. I didn’t achieve all of my goals, but I accomplished more than I thought I would. I also completed P90X…which I loved. Now if I can only get back to doing it again.

I’ve been working. Well, I’ve always been working, but now my job has gotten very busy. It’s great to feel needed. To be busy is a blessing. While my work has picked up, I’m still trying to keep in shape (the occasional work out, playing Tennis, and playing B’Ball). I’m writing a book (solo this time) and am about 4/5ths of the way done! I’m thoroughly enjoying our second time around as parents. With two rug rats that every day do something that makes us shake our heads in amazement, and slap our sides in laughter. Kids are great. They have to be. We keep having them.

Another effort I have had in the fire, but not cooking too well is a publishing company for Kids who want to become authors. The idea is to encourage young people to become authors – borne of my attempts to encourage my artist daughter. Check it out when you get a chance, www.k4kbooks.com. I’m looking for someone to help me push it into the light. It’s presently under a bushel basket because I’m focusing on that book I’m writing, and other endeavors, like my non-profit organization for the development of standards for performance measures. Feel free to check that out too if you’re interested in metrics or standards – Consortium for the Establishment of Information Technology Performance Standards. www.ceitps.org.

But that’s not what’s been taking up the majority of my time. Nope. Not even close. My latest endeavor is finding 10 people with visions which will change the world (for the better), and helping them succeed! I’ve dived head first into the murky pool of vision-setting. Murky because I had never tried to help an individual plan their future – although I had helped many organizations. I found out quickly that having a strategic plan is easy, but making it live, making it succeed is much harder. It requires more than an A+ personality. It requires a driving, guiding vision. A big honkin’ scary goal which galvanizes your life.

I’m lovin’ it.

To date, I’m working with non-profits, individuals, and board of directors.

I’m planning on changing my blog into a tool for communicating my ideas, beliefs and tips around Vision Setting. If you liked getting updates on my life, I’m sorry, because I’ll probably do much less of that and change this into a Vision Setting forum.

If you like my rants, thoughts, and ideas – you’ll still get a healthy dose of that – just focused around Vision Setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment