Welcome to the complicated world of my chaotic mind!

Check out our Book Site!

http://www.org-immaturity.com

Monday, December 21, 2009

Time to Invite My Friends

So, I've embarked on this revelation (as my brother aptly calls it). But I need to invite my friends to participate in my revelation, and my life. Spending 20 years in the Air Force and traveling around the US, I found it easy to make friends and hard to maintain contact with them. Through work, chess, and sports I made many friends and more acquaintances. But then we'd move (or they'd move) and I'd find myself losing touch with them. I miss my friends. I miss their honest advice, their empathy, and their camaraderie. So, I've decided in the season of Advent, this season of (eagerly) waiting to search out my friends and invite them to reengage with me via this blog. Hopefully by Easter, a season of renewal and new life, I will have found most of them.

I wonder why and how my relationships could have slipped away so easily. Part of it I believe is my family's fault. My wife, my son, and daughter provided me with so much love that it was easier to lose track of mere friends :-) Perhaps it was that we, as a race (human), are extremely adaptable. While I find it nearly impossible to forgive myself my sins and stop remembering my transgressions - I find it equally impossible to dwell on the good in my past. Hmmm. That will deserve a post of its own. Perhaps it's just my senility? I suffer from CRS as my dad used to say. It's a favorite of my family to tease that they can do or say anything because I'll forget it in an hour. I highly suspect my wife has been re-gifting things each year - gifts I received the year before and then she gives to me again - because I can't remember that I already had it.

Enough rambling (and foreshadowing future posts). It's time to email my friends - the one's I have emails for - and invite them to participate!

Perhaps they can help me once again. I'm still short the 50 items...

No comments:

Post a Comment